Student Village Academy Forums ENTERTAINMENT Kunle Remi Nigerian actor and film producer

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jimoh Eyitayo
      Participant

Oyekunle Opeyemi Oluwaremi, professionally known as Kunle Remi, is a Nigerian actor, producer, filmmaker, host and model. He appeared in the films ‘Falling’ and ‘Aníkúlápó,’ the television series ‘Tinsel’,and won the 7th edition of Gulder Ultimate Search in 2010. While studying at the New York Film Academy, he was simultaneously hosting an Internet Television Channel, Celebville 360. He hosted the Academy Awards nomination event in Beverly Hills. In 2012, he was cast in his first movie, Heavy Beauty, produced by Grace Edwin Okon and directed by Stanlee Ohikhuare. Though he graduated in 2014, he returned to study filmmaking and directing, and graduated in 2015.

Kuke remi was born on 18 October in Gboko Local Government Area of Benue state His family relocated to Ibadan when he was a child. As a teenager, he discovered a passion for acting and became a youth drama teacher.

He studied Fisheries and Wildlife Management at the University of Ibadan, in Oyo State, Nigeria. He then attended Sheffield University and studied Tourism and Hospitality Management. Once his degrees were completed, he moved to New York City to study acting, filmmaking, and directing at the New York Film Academy and graduated in 2014

Remi spoke in December 2022 about depression, stating how overwhelmed he felt at various points on his journey as an actor. “I was thinking too much of my career, am I doing enough, am I enough, am I with the right person, so many thoughts in my mind.

On January 1, 2024, Remi married his girlfriend Tiwi, announcing their marriage on his Instagram page.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.