Student Village Academy Forums GENERAL DISCUSSIONS Trinity Explained In The Simplest Form – As Seen On Twitter

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Shekinah Brama

We will explain the concept of the Trinity from its source, the Holy Bible, specifically from the words of Jesus, the creator of Muhammad. Firstly, Jesus affirmed God is one: Mark 12:28-29 (NIV): “One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating.

Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, ‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.” So, Jesus affirmed that there is only one God by quoting the Sh’ma(Hear O Israel), the same concept Islam remodified into the Shahadah that now forms the basis of the faith.

Then He moved further and affirmed publicly that He is God; John 8:58 (NIV): “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I AM!” The Jews knew God as I AM since God introduced Himself to Moses that way: Exodus 3:14 (NIV): God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.'” He didn’t stop there.

He also called Himself the Son of Man. At His trial, the High Priest put Him under oath to tell them if He was the Messiah, the Son of God. Here was His answer: Matthew 26:63-64 (NIV): 63 But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.” 64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the SON OF MAN sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Now watch closely what the High Priest did:

65 “Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.” The High Priest tore his clothes because Jesus called Himself the Son of Man.

But who is the Son of Man? The High Priest knew the Son of Man was indeed God as they knew that from Daniel that Jesus quoted from Daniel 7:13-14 (NIV): 13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a SON OF MAN, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.” So, Jesus called Himself worthy to be worshipped, the Son of Man who is God. Lastly, Jesus was almost stoned to death for blasphemy, just like Muslims in the North stoned Deborah to death.

What did Jesus do? He called Himself God; John 10:30-31 (NIV): 30 “I and the Father are one.” 31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him. Why did they want to stone Him? Look at their response: 32. “But Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” So, we see Jesus severally called Himself God. Remember, He had called the Father God, now He has called Himself God. But understand He said there’s One God.

So, the Father is God. Jesus is God. Let’s see the last person He called God; John 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth.” We later realized that the Spirit is the Spirit of God Himself: Corinthians 3:17-18 (NIV): 17 “Now the LORD IS THE SPIRIT and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 18 “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the LORD, WHO IS THE SPIRIT.” So, we see that Jesus said there’s ONE GOD. We believe that.

Then He said He is God. We believe that. Then He said the Holy Spirit is God. We believe that. That is the origin of the Trinity. Therefore, to explain the chart below- There is one God who is the Father. There is one God who is the Son. There is one God who is the Spirit. This is called Trinitarian Monotheism – One God in three distinct but equal persons.

This is in contrast to the Tawheed of Allah which is Unitarian Monotheism. Now, because they are distinct persons- The Father is not the Son, so Jesus could pray to the Father on the Cross. The Son is not the Spirit, that is why Jesus could send the Spirit to us at Pentecost.

That is the concept of the Trinity simplified. We hope you get that. May God bring you into the knowledge of truth to salvation in Christ in Jesus, the creator of Muhammad’s name, amen.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.