Student Village Academy Forums ENTERTAINMENT Celebrity News Let’s be honest, Very Dark Man Started This Whole Thing. Here Is Why?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Temitope Samuel

Disclaimer: These are my thoughts and do not represent the reality or facts on this matter.

I have been an avid follower of Very Dark Man from when he had a couple of hundred followers on TikTok. I admired the way he called out the bullcrap in the beauty industry (them Jenny’s Glow) and helped Nigerians realize the dangers of using organic creams.

He is a fearless internet influencer, and I always visited his page to find out who he was going to drag and call out next. He is bold, fearless and relentless.

But as his fame, influence, and followers grew, so did his ego, he deviated from what was important to focusing on distractions.

He assumed he was invincible behind his phone’s camera and started calling out the police and the government, and (I hope) he has since realized that social media and real life are two different things.

But, I am not here to talk entirely about Very Dark Man. I am here to talk about his unending internet battle with Iyabo Ojo.

If you can remember, Iyabo Ojo came on VDM’s radar when Mohbad passed. She and Tonto spearheaded the up and down waka of the matter, while VDM focused on calling out on the internet.

They worked independently, but it was towards a common goal: helping Mohbad find justice.

Then this got really heated between Very Dark Man, Mohbad’s wife, family, producer, Naira Marley, Sam Larry, and Iyabo Ojo, Tonto and many more people in-between. It was a tangled mess.

Then one day, VDM alleged that Iyabo Ojo had a personal vendetta against Naira Marley and Sam Larry ( or is it just Sam Larry? I don’t remember now.)

He accused Iyabo of inciting violence against Naira Marley and Sam Larry, and they were innocent until proven guilty.

Then he inferred to them as “two failed actresses.” Please keep this sentence in mind.

Iyabo retaliated and called his mom a goat and a what-do-you-know, and then things got terrible between them.

Two days ago, I saw a video of VDM asking where he said verbatim: “Iyabo Ojo is a failed actress.”

Claiming, Iyabo Ojo called his mom a goat unprovoked.

You too think am, this is the easiest thing to decipher.

There are ways to disagree with people’s actions without disrespecting them.

VDM inferred that Iyabo Ojo and Tonto as failed actresses. Period.

Iyabo calling his mother a goat was not the necessary, but she was passing a message across to him that there were not mates.

Iyabo Ojo will be 47 years old this December and VDM just turned 30. She is almost two decades older than him, so I can understand why she went for his mother.

It is a Yoruba thing. When you disrespect a woman old enough to be your mother, the woman will refer your disrespect back to your mother at home.

She did him a “iya e nile lo n ba soro.” Pardon my Yoruba.

I can presume there will not be any resolve around these two people. But Iyabo Ojo is mature enough to ignore the tantrums of a spoiled child–let the child cry, last last he will shut up.

I like VDM for the notable things he does for the voiceless, but sometimes, he own too much.

In what reality did VDM think he could get away with disrespecting two adults? Now he is angry his mom got into the crossfire.

Unfortunately, I presume there will be no reconciliation between these two. It is only going to get worse now with Paulo, Cubana Cheif Priest, and some others in the mix.

Over to you, what do you think about this debacle? Who do you think is doing too much?

justseyi
      Keymaster

If we are being real, all of them are putting up a show.

They’ll drive traffic to their respective platforms and increase their rate cards for brands and become richer.

All of them are drunk in my books.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.