Student Village Academy Forums ENTERTAINMENT Celebrity News Falz Responds to Very Dark Man: “If Trouble is What You Want, Let’s Go”

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      justseyi
      Keymaster

Falz Responds to Very Dark Man: “If Trouble is What You Want, Let’s Go”

Nigerian rapper Falz has spoken publicly for the first time regarding his defamation lawsuit against social media influencer Very Dark Man (VDM), who alleged that Falz and his father, Femi Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), helped crossdresser Bobrisky avoid money laundering charges.

Falz asserts that when he first reached out to VDM, he told him to take the legal route against him.

In an episode of the Afrobeats Podcast, Falz detailed his initial attempt to settle the issue with VDM following a viral video that contained these allegations. “When I reached out to him,” Falz recalled, “I was calm, asking him to listen. But he was defensive from the start. He even said to me, ‘You’re a lawyer; go to court.'”

Falz clarified that he could have pursued criminal charges for defamation but chose not to. “I could have had him arrested, but I didn’t want to go down that route. The claims he posted were completely false. I asked him to take it down and issue an apology within a specific time frame. He didn’t.”

The rapper went on to explain that he had no previous issues with VDM until he crossed a line by attacking his father’s integrity. “I was minding my business, and he sets up his ring light to spread lies, including about my father, who has always stood up for the oppressed. This level of disrespect… There’s a saying that any child who says his mother will not sleep, he himself will not sleep.”

Determined, Falz added, “If you’re looking for trouble, I’m here. Trouble is my work. So, if you’re ready, let’s go.”

The controversy began on September 24, 2024, when VDM released a recording allegedly of Bobrisky claiming that a SAN and his son had helped get money laundering charges dropped, saving him from prison time. VDM accused Falz and his father, insinuating further that there was a personal connection between Falz and Bobrisky.

In response, Falz posted a statement on Instagram demanding that VDM retract his statements and issue a public apology within 24 hours. VDM, however, maintained that his statements weren’t defamatory and expressed his willingness to handle the matter legally.

On October 15, 2024, the Lagos High Court ordered VDM to retract his statements against the Falanas. He has yet to comply.

Divine
      Participant

Falz shouldn’t get involved with this guy sha

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.